Princess Cruises’ announces its 2020 voyages
Last night I attended the launch event for Princess Cruises’ 2020 season. It will be their biggest European season with capacity up 15% from 2019, with new ships sailing from the UK and a number of new and interesting itineraries.
An incredible 1.4m cruise nights will be on offer from the UK, an increase of 30% on 2019. And, for the first time ever Princess Cruises will have three ships sailing a full season from Southampton.
Well, make that four. Enchanted Princess will also visit Southampton in June 2020 for her naming ceremony. Enchanted Princess will be the first Princess Cruises vessel to be named in the UK since Royal Princess in 2013. Following this, she will head to the Mediterranean for the Summer season.
The 3,080-guest Crown Princess will sail for over 150 days from Southampton, covering May to November. In addition, the 2,200-guest Island Princess will spend June to October sailing from Southampton to northern Europe while the 3,560-guest Regal Princess will head round Britain from May to September.
Crown Princess will set sail for the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and northern Europe including a series of new voyages:
- An eight-day Norwegian Fjords voyage to Bergen, Aalesund, Olden/Nordfjord, Hellesylt Geiranger and Stavanger
- A 13-day summer holiday cruise in August to Barcelona, Marseille, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Sardinia and Ceuta in Spanish Morocco
- A 17-day Mediterranean voyage to Lisbon, Santorini (Greece), Mykonos (Greece), Kusadasi (Turkey), Katakolon (Greece) and Cartagena (Spain)
- A four-day sailing to Rotterdam and the Channel Islands
Island Princess will also be based in Southampton. A range of new and exciting sailings will be on offer, including:
- A 12-day Northern Capitals cruise to cities including Hamburg (for Berlin), Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam, Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge) and Paris (Le Havre)
- A 14-day Scandinavia & Russia Collection cruise to Bornholm (Denmark), Stockholm, Helsinki (Finland), St. Petersburg, Tallinn (Estonia), Riga (Latvia), Visby (Sweden), Helsingborg (Sweden) and Copenhagen. The calls to Stockholm and St Petersburg are both overnight visits
- Two 12-day Northern Lights cruises to the Norwegian destinations of Aalesund, Tromso, Alta (overnight) and Stavanger
- 16 or 32-day cruises to New York via northern Europe, either on a one-way or roundtrip basis
Regal Princess will sail the British Isles from May to September, travelling to destinations including Liverpool, Belfast, Dublin and Edinburgh. This marks the first time the ship has spent a season based in the UK.
Meanwhile the 3,660-guest Sky Princess, which launches next year, will spend its first spring and summer season sailing Scandinavia and Russia roundtrip from Copenhagen. From April to September, the ship will take in the likes of Stockholm, Oslo, Tallinn, Helsinki, Berlin (Warnemunde) and an overnight stay in St Petersburg.
As such, three of Princess Cruises’ newest ships – Enchanted, Sky and Regal – will all be based in Europe in 2020.
The world is open
That’s not all, Princess Cruises’ announced a number of other sailings across Asia, the Caribbean, Alaska and Canada & New England. Highlights include:
- 65 Japan voyages setting sail from either Tokyo or Kobe on the 2,670-guest Diamond Princess
- 28 summer Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale with seven, 14 and 21-night options
- 63 Australia sailings on four ships departing from Freemantle, Auckland, Brisbane or Sydney
- Over 130 Alaska sailings across eight ships, with departures from Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, Whittier and Vancouver
- 16 Canada & New England sailings on Sky Princess or Caribbean Princess, which depart from Fort Lauderdale, New York or Quebec
How and when to book
The announcements form part of Princess Cruises’ 2020 programme, which includes sailings across Europe as well as Asia, the Caribbean, Alaska and Canada & New England. The UK-based ships, Crown Princess and Island Princess, will go on sale on Thursday November 8, 2018 at 9am with the rest of Europe, Caribbean and Canada & New England sailings available from 5pm the same day. Alaska and Japan voyages are on sale on Thursday November 15, 2018 at 5pm.
All cruises are available for a reduced deposit of £50 per person. That’s a really great offer.
For more information visit the Princess Cruises website here.