Royal Caribbean have announced their outline 2016/17 itineraries for Europe, following on from their recent announcement of plans for North America/Caribbean.
The 2016/17 season in Europe looks to be very interesting:
- Independence of the Seas will be returning to Southampton, replacing Anthem of the Seas who will start her maiden season from the UK next month. ‘Indy’ as she is fondly known, will sail a broad selection of 3-to-14-night sailings from mini breaks to Bruges/Paris as well as France, Spain and the Mediterranean.
- ‘Indy’ will be joined by Navigator of the Seas. The ship recently received a £50 million pound makeover and will offer a range of new sailings from Southampton to the Norwegian Fjords, Baltic, Mediterranean and Canary Islands.
- Headlining the Mediterranean season will be the debut of Harmony of the Seas from April 2016, sailing 7-night itineraries from Barcelona, Spain and Civitavecchia (for Rome), Italy. She will then sail across the Atlantic to Port Everglades, Florida where she will homeport for the Winter.
- Brilliance of the Seas will offer 12-night Mediterranean cruises out of Barcelona, Spain to Italy and Greece.
- Serenade of the Seas will offer 7-to-13-night sailings out of Copenhagen, Denmark and Stockholm, Sweden to the Norwegian Fjords, Scandinavia and Russia.
- They will be joined by their sister, Jewel of the Seas who will off 10-to-11-night sailings out of Venice, Italy. She will sail to Greece, the Adriatic, Turkey & Croatia.
- Vision of the Seas will also homeport out of Venice offering 7 night sailings to Greece and Turkey;
- And finally Rhapsody of the Seas will return to Civitavecchia (for Rome), Italy and sail on 7-to-9-night cruises across the Greek Isles and Turkey.
Europe itineraries will go on sale later in March.
(Photo © Royal Caribbean)