Princess Cruises has announced that 2019 will see its longest, and most interesting, season across Europe, with over one million cruise nights available from voyages from Southampton and Dover alone.
Five ships will sail in Europe (Sapphire, Crown, Regal, Emerald and Pacific Princess) to 30 destinations, with a number of overnight stays and new and exciting itineraries. In addition to this the fourth Royal Class ship will debut late in 2019, with a short season in the Mediterranean.
The 2,670-guest Sapphire Princess will make her return to the UK, spending 198 days sailing to both the Mediterranean and Europe.
Highlights of the European season include:
- A new 24-night ‘Canada & New England’ roundtrip from Southampton, which will call at ports including Charlottetown, Boston and overnight in New York.
- A new 12-night ‘Search for the Northern Lights’ roundtrip from Southampton, which will call at ports including Tromso, Stavanger and overnight in Alta – my personal favourite!
- A new 14-night ‘Mediterranean Explorer’ cruise, sailing roundtrip from Southampton and visiting Portimao, Cadiz, Ajaccio, Carcassonne and Ceuta (Spanish Morocco).
- A new 18-night Greenland & Iceland cruise, sailing roundtrip from Dover on Pacific Princess and visiting Nanortalik, Qaqortoq, Reykjavik, Isafjordur and Akureyri.
- The first ever roundtrip Dublin season on Crown Princess, covering 11 sailings around the British Isles
- 58 fly cruise sailings in the Mediterranean on the 3,082-guest Emerald Princess, ranging from seven to 21 nights and departing from Barcelona, Rome or Athens.
- Access to more than 50 UNESCO world heritage sites including Venice and Edinburgh.
This announcement forms part of Princess Cruises’ 2019 programme, which includes sailings from across Europe, Alaska, Japan, Canada and New England, and the Caribbean.
The Princess Cruises 2019 programme goes on sale on December 14th. For further information please visit here.