Princess Cruises has announced it will introduce French speciality restaurant ‘La Mer’ on to its two newest ships, the 3,660-guest Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess. The restaurant was first opened on Majestic Princess, the most recent addition to the line’s fleet, in 2017.
La Mer is the creation of three Michelin-starred chef, Emmanuel Renaut. Renaut is owner and executive chef of the Flocons de Sel restaurant, located in the French Alps village of Megève. He previously worked in restaurants including Claridge’s, Hotel de Crillon and Auberge de l’Eridan.
La Mer will offer casual, French bistro-style dining and be located in the Sky Princess atrium. It sounds truly delicious, especially at $35 per person. Take a look at some of the sample dishes on offer:
- Beef filet mignon, sweet onions sauté, red wine jus, hand cut chips
- Red snapper & scallop mousseline, lobster morsels and lemon grass lobster sauce
- Mont Blanc ‘Marron-Myrtilles’ dessert – sweet chestnut, blueberry gel and vanilla cream bavarois
Sky Princess will launch in October this year. It will sail a short season in the Mediterranean before heading to the Caribbean. Enchanted Princess will launch in Southampton in June 2020. It will similarly sail an inaugural season in the Mediterranean, with further itineraries to be confirmed.
Recently-announced features that will appear on both Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess include:
- Two ‘sky suites’, the largest private balconies ever offered by a cruise line. Measuring 1,012 square feet and 947 square feet, the balconies are around the size of half a tennis court and provide 270-degree panorama views. The two suites will also offer a private vantage of the ships’ top deck ‘Movie Under the Stars’ screens and have sleeping capacity for five guests
- Being Princess Medallion-enabled. The Medallion is a complimentary, automated piece of technology, the same size as a 10p piece, given to each guest that enables features such as keyless stateroom access and quicker and easier embarkation and disembarkation
- Enhanced entertainment including an expanded Princess Theatre
- More than 25 restaurants and bars onboard including speciality restaurants the Crown Grill Steakhouse and Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria
- Eight private cabanas in the Sanctuary, an adults-only area on the top deck designed for rest and relaxation
- A spa with a thermal suite, hydrotherapy pool, heated stone beds, a Turkish bath and dry, steam and aromatherapy chambers
For more information head here